Broken Patient App Launch with MyChart Epic Providers

Brianna Fernandez

Sep 29, 2020, 11:47:43 AM9/29/20
to SMART on FHIR
Hi all,

We are trying to implement SMART on FHIR to query patient data from a mobile application. The launch and auth sequence works using the open epic sandbox server (as described in this resource https://open.epic.com/MyApps/Endpoints). In the sandbox we are able to launch the client, redirect the user to the Epic login, followed by the 'approve' use of data button and finish with a redirect to our redirect_uri. However, this does not work with MyChart providers in a production setting. We tried with a couple of the individual health providers in the resource above and after prompting the user for login they send them to the home page of their health data but show no 'approve' button or options and thus cannot redirect to our redirect_uri.

tldr; So the sequence is lost after the patient login and does not return to our app or allow the patient to share data.

Side note, both launches initially show an error and logout and then the option for the user to log in, does this mean that the call itself it's wrong or is this a problem with the MyChart launch sequence?

If anyone knows what might be the issue please let me know.
Thanks!

Conner Hoy

Jun 5, 2024, 2:16:46 PMJun 5
to SMART on FHIR
Where you ever able to figure this out ?