Discussion: Extensibility?

Berry Von Heizelstoff

May 1, 2014, 5:35:32 AM5/1/14
to smart-lencioni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I need to work with this piece of software for my job, but there are a couple things wrong with the package.

* Everything is 'private', you know there are other ways of declaring your properties, you can't extend this package without editing the source?
* The latest commit of 6 months ago is still in beta? So does it even matter if I edit the source code if it's not sure when and if an update is coming?
* Files get included right from the class? (Again, extensibility, have you heard about Composer? It's. Awesome.)

I don't wanna bash on SLIR, it's a mistake on our part to be working with SLIR right now but it's frustrating when you can't change any functionality without protocols.

Joe Lencioni

May 1, 2014, 10:46:41 AM5/1/14
to smart-lencioni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Berry,

Thanks for your interest in SLIR! I don't really have the time to work on this project anymore. But, it is all open source and I'd be happy to review a pull request or 2 from you and then potentially add you as a collaborator on the repo so you would be able to make changes directly.

Composer looks good, but it didn't exist when I wrote this code. That might make a good first pull request.

Take care,
Joe