Question about registering apps

wc...@njit.edu

Apr 28, 2014, 11:08:01 AM4/28/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am working on creating few apps that run a series health of questionnaires.  Would it be better to register each questionnaires as its own app or can I keep them all together under an admin app?

I am mostly concerned about auditing, will keeping all the questionnaires under one app allow me to be able to figure out which ones were used more often by users?

Nikolai Schwertner

Apr 28, 2014, 11:21:31 AM4/28/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Again, the answer would depend on the behavior of the SMART container that you are using and its logging mechanism. Are you using I2B2, Indivo, or some other SMART container?

-Nikolai

wc...@njit.edu

Apr 29, 2014, 9:39:31 AM4/29/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Right now I am using an Indivo container.

Nikolai Schwertner

Apr 29, 2014, 11:18:59 AM4/29/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com, Travers....@childrens.harvard.edu
I see. I am not very familiar with Indivo's audit features to be able to give you good advise, but Travers from the Indivo team might have a perspective on this.

-Nikolai
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to smart-app-develo...@googlegroups.com.

wc...@njit.edu

Apr 29, 2014, 11:22:13 AM4/29/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com, Travers....@childrens.harvard.edu
Please feel free to give me your perspective on SMART platforms. I am not married to a container at this point :)

Nikolai Schwertner

Apr 29, 2014, 11:38:25 AM4/29/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com, Travers....@childrens.harvard.edu
Well, the container that we provide (a.k.a. the SMART reference implementation) does implement the complete SMART API, but does not go beyond it. I.e. it does not support write calls. Indivo has write functionality that goes beyond the SMART standard specs supporting hybrid SMART-Indivo apps. It does sound to me like Indivo is a better match for your needs than the SMART reference container. However, if you want to give it a try, we have a hosted free-for-all instance at http://sandbox.smartplatforms.org.