Session key for saving app state in a container

Chandan Datta

May 15, 2014, 8:20:19 PM5/15/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to have a session key in an app so that I can store an app state in the container. For example while a user fills a form in an app, he can save the state of the partially filled form to continue it later. Is there any feature in the API to save state in the container using a session key to restore it later from the container using this unique key?

Nikolai Schwertner

May 16, 2014, 9:12:49 AM5/16/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
There is a facility in SMART that enables apps to store non-structured blobs of data on the server:
http://docs.smartplatforms.org/framework/api/#user_user_preferences

Chandan Datta

May 16, 2014, 9:14:21 AM5/16/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nikolai,
Is there any example for the same?
Also, I can run my own server and test it instead of the cloud sandbox I presume?

Regards,
Chandan

Nikolai Schwertner

May 16, 2014, 9:28:58 AM5/16/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Sure, there is a sample app on the sandbox that demonstrates the functionality. It's name is "Pref/Scratchpad Demo". Check it out.

Yes, you can run your own instance of the SMART reference container. Probably the easiest approach would be to build your own VM using Vagrant and Ansible by following these instructions:
https://github.com/chb/smart-vm/blob/master/README.md