Smart App Gallery

zoukaila

Apr 12, 2014, 1:46:22 PM4/12/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I just learned the SMART concept and i have a few basic questions:

1. is there any free app gallery?
2. are SMART apps open source, especially the featured apps? If yes, where can i find their source code?
3. is SMART localized for any non-English language?

Thanks,

Hui

Josh Mandel

Apr 12, 2014, 1:58:44 PM4/12/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hui,

Thanks for the interest.

1. is there any free app gallery?

Our app gallery is available at: http://smartplatforms.org/smart-app-gallery/

2. are SMART apps open source, especially the featured apps? If yes, where can i find their source code?

The platform can be used for open-source as well as closed-source apps. Everything we've built ourselves is open-source. The projects live at http://github.com/chb. Specifically, several are part of https://github.com/chb/smart_sample_apps.

3. is SMART localized for any non-English language?

We haven't done this work in general, but individual apps do support internationalization. For example, the SMART Growth Charts app has built-in support for internationalized strings.

Best.

  Josh

zoukaila

Apr 12, 2014, 2:07:18 PM4/12/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your quick reply!

I had a quick look at http://github.com/chb, and it seems it does not have all featured apps, e.g. i cannot find meducation. Do you have a complete list of featured apps that are open source?

As for the app gallery, http://smartplatforms.org/smart-app-gallery/ seems a static page listing featured apps instead of a full-fledged app gallery where developers may post their own apps. Is there any plan for the later?

On Saturday, April 12, 2014 1:58:44 PM UTC-4, Josh wrote:
Hi Hui,

Thanks for the interest.

1. is there any free app gallery?

Our app gallery is available at: http://smartplatforms.org/smart-app-gallery/

2. are SMART apps open source, especially the featured apps? If yes, where can i find their source code?

The platform can be used for open-source as well as closed-source apps. Everything we've built ourselves is open-source. The projects live at http://github.com/chb. Specifically, several are part of Hey, I just learned the SMART concept and i have a few basic questions: 1. is there any free app gallery? 2. are SMART apps open source, especially the featured apps? If yes, where can i find their source code? 3. is SMART localized for any non-English language?.

Josh Mandel

Apr 12, 2014, 3:36:46 PM4/12/14
to smart-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hui,

As you'll see in the gallery page, Meducation is an an app developed by Polyglot Systems. It's a commercial all, and the source code is not available.

Overall, the best list we have is the app gallery; and the github repo here

Best,

  Josh