2 Units installed and running ...

ro...@redpoint.org.uk

May 20, 2023, 3:57:17 PM5/20/23
to Smart Alternator Regulator
Got my 2 units installed, driving the alternators fine, still need to calibrate the current shunts, but everything is looking good on the NMEA2K bus, great to be able to see the charging status and the alternator output on the SignalK widget screen.

Big thank you to Al, great project and I hope the commercial effort is paying dividends!

Al Thomason

Jun 11, 2023, 3:08:57 PM6/11/23
to Smart Alternator Regulator

Hey!

What fun to see someone is still playing around with this project!   You know, my original intention was that the would have been picked up by the Boating World as kind of a group effort, but as they say -  Best intentions or Mice and Men…  (something like that).

And thank you for the compliment, as well as the good wishes.  The Commercialized Wakespeed WS500 has indeed been well received, more so then I ever imagined..   If anyone will be at the Port Townsend WBF, make sure to check out the presentations.  (hint, I will be on a couple of times it seems.  Stop by and say Hi!)

Love the Signal-K note:  Had always been my hope that the VSR and SignalK would play well with each other.

-al-