Dash display?

Al Thomason

Jul 8, 2018, 4:35:58 PM7/8/18
to smar...@googlegroups.com

OK ,something of a question here.  Over the past few months I have been in conversation with a gentleman who is developing a 52mm (standard auto-size) OLED gauge which supports CAN communications.   He contacted me because he was using the drivers and CPU support files I developed for the ATmega64M1 CPU (as used on the regulator).

Here is a link to what he is doing:  http://www.geraldjustprojects.com/can-guages-update-3/

Is there interested in making up a version of this to support the VSR Alternator regulator (and other projects).  Mostly am thinking of a link-10 type display, that shows the status of the battery and charging devices, but might be able to grow into some simple configuration options as well as there are touch-screen pads..

Let me know if there is interest.  I have a mock-up code in the works, it does an auto-discovery of any batteries, BMS’s and/or charging devices in the system.  Just now need to figure out how to neatly display that information on the OLED display.   (Awk, HUIs!)

-al-

Jul 10, 2018, 9:04:28 AM7/10/18
to Smart Alternator Regulator
Very interesting project!

Mark Leyden

Jul 20, 2018, 1:17:08 PM7/20/18
to Smart Alternator Regulator
HI Al, I've been (slowly) working on something in the same vein, based on an Arduino Due, a CAN board and a 4" Touch LCD. The intention is to create a simple UI similar to the following project, using a rotary encoder:

...but the day job often gets in the way!

Mark

Al Thomason

Jul 20, 2018, 3:40:50 PM7/20/18
to Mark Leyden, Smart Alternator Regulator

Way cool!

FWIW, I have started posting up the source for the small dash display here:  https://github.com/AlternatorRegulator/OSEnergy-Dash-Display  It really is still a work-in-progress, but thought would share.

Gerald is revising the hardware design to add a few requested features, and he is looking at how to add directly the RJ45 jacks.  Once more info is available, will post it.  But am suspecting these little units will be available this fall!

Mark,  Keep us all informed how your project is coming.  I have something kind of like that for the DC Generator as well – but it too is still in the early phase, right now limited to replicating the function of the old DC Generator controller remote display.

-al-

Viking Star

45' Monk Sr. / McQueen

mvVikingStar.blogspot.com