Hey, I should make my own Arduino based alternator regulator.

Paul Willems

Dec 3, 2018, 3:43:07 AM12/3/18
to Smart Alternator Regulator
Only just found this project yesterday evening lying in bed thinking about the high cost of the Balmar regulator and started thinking it may be simple enough to grab an Arduino and put one together myself. 5 minutes of googling later and here I am, it's already been done and I want to get involved.

I am trying hard to get my head around the status of the project and availability. I'm also a little concerned by another post I read about the project going closed source. I run a Signal K server feeding nav data to my own custom software running on some RPi touch screens around the boat. The screens also control distributed Arduino based circuit switch boxes using XBee; a kind of custom can bus of my making which keeps wiring simple. It would be fantastic to integrate this with data from the alternator regulator.

So, would someone kindly answer these questions that I have not been able to figure out myself?

Is it possible to order the latest iteration of the regulator. If so, who do I speak with and how much?
Is the repository open for forking and contributing?