Happy New Year, and an announcement

Viking Star

Jan 1, 2019, 8:20:53 PM1/1/19
to Smart Alternator Regulator

With the ending of 2018 and the start of a New Year, I hope this Email finds all well.  I want to give my thanks to those who have followed the VSR Alternator Regulator over the years – it has been a very interesting project for me, starting way back in 2012 with the integrated DC Generator Controller.  As 2019 begins I have an announcement to make.  In short: the VSR Alternator Regulator is Going Pro.

A little over one year ago I crossed paths with Rick Jones, who was the VP of Marketing at Balmar before it was sold to a holding company a few years back.  He had been working with Michael Frost (the Design Engineer who developed the Balmar regulators – and who also did not go with Balmar to the holding company) to develop a line of regulators, taking the best of what they knew and creating a simple to install and use regulator – without any screwdriver.  Sadly, Michael passed away about two years ago so the effort was never completed.   The story picks up again with myself crossing paths with Rick  (And ya, there is indeed a great back story on this – all best told around a beer, or three).  After a few conversations we agreed to form a company to complete the Michael Frost designs, and also bring out the VSR Alternator Regulator as the flagship offering in a portfolio of regulators.

It has kept me rather occupied this past year.

And this brings me to the news:  At the Seattle Boat Show we will be introducing the WS100, WS200 regulators (based on the work from Michael Frost), and the WS500 regulator – a Gen 4 version of the VSR Alternator Regulator.   I can tell you this portfolio is being well received, with keen interest in the WS500 regulator as used with advanced deployments featuring high acceptance charging of Li based battery systems.  As one notable player said last month ‘Everyone knows about your Regulator’.

And this brings me back to the VSR Alternator Regulator.  Unfortunately, it will not be advanced more than its current state.  There are several reasons for this, including:  Time/resource availability, the fact that the CPU used it at capacity, and perhaps more so – because with myself picking up the design work from Michael Frost, I have been exposed to concepts which are not mine to bring into Open Source.   So, it is with a bit of sad news that I must acknowledge that the VSR phase of this story is coming to a close.

However, in recognition of the support given over the past years – we wish to extend a one-time deep discount purchase opportunity in 2019 to those who did indeed purchase a VSR Regulator over the years; with pricing being set at the deepest ‘Master Distributer’ discount level.  Once the ‘official launching’ has happened at the end of the month, anyone interested in learning more please Email me at:  mvViki...@gmail.com

In closing, I do wish to extend my personal thanks to those who encouraged me over the years.  It has always been clear that this technology was significantly ahead of anything on the market, and now it seems we are getting proof of that!

-al-

Viking Star

45' Monk Sr. / McQueen

mvVikingStar.blogspot.com