Fwd: [GS/SS Beta] Fwd: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Seattle Smalltalk Users Group

Sean Allen

Apr 13, 2011, 5:58:25 PM4/13/11
to smalltalk-marke...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dale Henrichs <dhen...@vmware.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Subject: [GS/SS Beta] Fwd: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Seattle Smalltalk Users Group
To: "be...@seaside.gemstone.com >> GemStone Seaside beta discussion"
<be...@seaside.gemstone.com>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [squeak-dev] [ANN] Seattle Smalltalk Users Group
Date:   Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:52:07 -0700
From:   Casey Ransberger <casey.o...@gmail.com>
To:     The general-purpose Squeak developers list
<squea...@lists.squeakfoundation.org>, "A friendly place to get
answers to even the most basic questions about Squeak."
<begi...@lists.squeakfoundation.org>,
"pharo-...@lists.gforge.inria.fr"
<pharo-...@lists.gforge.inria.fr>,
"pharo...@lists.gforge.inria.fr" <pharo...@lists.gforge.inria.fr>

A while back I asked if anyone on the squeak-dev list was in the greater
Seattle area and wanted to meet up. I did get a few responses. Thanks to
those who wrote back, and I apologize for the delay. I'm starting this
up in part to create a venue here where Smalltalk isn't automatically
out as off-topic. The idea is that it's about Smalltalk and anything
remotely related to Smalltalk. In fact I'd really like this to be open
to everyone who can be respectful to other people. The rest is just a
bunch of implementation detail!

So if you're in the neighborhood, and you think you might like to meet
up with some like minded people on a regular basis, do pop over and add
yourself to the list. I figure I'll work out a schedule if and when I
have signups, but in general it will probably be early evenings on
Wednesdays, maybe once a month to begin with.

The site is here:

http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Smalltalk-Users-Group/

If anyone here is on the vwnc list and would like to pass my message
along there, or anywhere else it might reach Smalltalkers in the Seattle
area, I'd be much obliged!

--
Casey Ransberger

ATT00001..txt

Charles Monteiro

Apr 13, 2011, 6:38:10 PM4/13/11
to smalltalk-marke...@googlegroups.com, Sean Allen
btw, you are aware that some lady recruiter beat me to setting up the Smalltalk Meetup here in NYC :), I joined it , she does not seem to be doing much with it
--
Charles A. Monteiro
www.monteirosfusion.com