We have 40 proposals for 35 projects!

Janko Mivšek

May 3, 2013, 3:44:10 PM5/3/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
Dear students,

Deadline just passed and 40 proposals from 35 of you were submitted to Google Melange, for 35 projects! Thanks to everyone who takes the effort and prepare a proposal.

In Wednesday we will know how many slots/stipendiums we will get from Google. Then mentors will have until 24.May a time to evaluate the proposals and choose which students on which projects will get the stipendiums. Please look at any public comment on your proposal on Google Melange and act accordingly. Stay in touch with your mentor, maybe you will be asked to improve your proposal, etc.

Those who are new to Smalltalk please learn it as fast as possible :) So that you will be well prepared if your proposal will be accepted. Even if not, the Smalltalk learning will be valuable in your professional life because of all concepts it brings to your knowledge.

Good luck
Janko
Smalltalk GSoC Admin Team