List of Student Projects + related links

Carla F. Griggio

Sep 17, 2013, 4:06:59 PM9/17/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, Janko Mivšek, Serge Stinckwich
Hey everybody!
I was wondering how my fellow Smalltalk GSoC students are doing in their projects and I realized that there's no easy access to all the student blogs / repositories / issue trackers / youtube channel / websites / etc. that we are keeping.

So, for the admins: Could we have a section in http://gsoc2013.esug.org/ with all the project descriptions + links that we gather up in this thread? So after the GSoC is done it's easy to have something like last year's projects summary.

And for all students: could everybody reply to this email with a tiny description of your project + related links (blog, repository, youtube videos, etc)? I'll start with my example:

------------

Mars
Student: Carla Griggio
Mentors: Esteban Lorenzano, Guillermo Polito

Mars is a framework for Pharo for writing cross-platform user interfaces in Smalltalk and get native user interfaces as a result.

-----------

Cheers!
Carla

Natalia Tymchuk

Sep 25, 2013, 7:54:34 AM9/25/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
SciSmalltalk - Solving Ordinary Differential Equations
Student: Natalia Moskovchuk
Mentor: Serge Stinckwich

SciSmalltalk is a new Smalltalk project, similar to existing scientific libraries like NumPy, SciPy for Python. Now SciSmalltalk solves ODE (Ordinary Differential Equations).

17.09.13 23:06, Carla F. Griggio написав(ла):

XumuK

Sep 25, 2013, 9:27:21 AM9/25/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, Janko Mivšek, Serge Stinckwich
Student: Rustem Khubbatov
Mentors: Denis Schetinin, Nicolas Petton

Further development of Nemo project towards ability to build Amber applications from Pharo, including tools like Workspace, Browser, Inspector, Debugger, etc.

Blog: http://amber-tools.blogspot.ru/
Repository: https://github.com/hubbatov/GSoC2013

Rocio Amaya

Sep 25, 2013, 9:57:06 AM9/25/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com

DBXTalk on NativeBoost

Student: Rocio Amaya
Mentors: Guillermo Polito, Martin Dias

The project is about eliminating the need to use the library OpenDBX, replacing the old FFI with NativeBoost bindings to the specific database libraries using TalkFFi to generate code.

2013/9/25 XumuK <hubb...@mail.ru>

Gisela Decuzzi

Sep 25, 2013, 10:18:39 AM9/25/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
Flamel
Student: Gisela Decuzzi
Mentors: Stephane Ducasse, Sean De Negris

The idea of Flamel is to facilitate the usage of the rewriting engine implemented in Pharo giving a UI to manipulate the abstraction expressions for matching and transforming code and provide an easy to manipulate api to define rules.

Blog: http://pharorwrules.wordpress.com/
Repository: http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~gisela/Flamel

Clara Allende

Sep 27, 2013, 12:53:52 AM9/27/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
Debugger Improvements
Student: Clara Allende
Mentors: Andrei Chis, Nicolás Passerini

The project consists on completing the transition from the old debugger model to the new one, improving and adding missing functionality; and providing better abstractions to deliver a simple yet powerful API.

Matthias Springer

Sep 30, 2013, 1:21:48 AM9/30/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, Janko Mivšek, Serge Stinckwich
Athens on Amber Smalltalk
Student: Matthias Springer
Mentors: Nicolas Petton, Igor Stasenko

Athens is a vector graphics library for Pharo. I ported Athens to Amber Smalltalk and implemented a proof-of-concept for UI design. To be continued.

Best,
Matthias

Mariano Vicente

Oct 3, 2013, 12:19:46 AM10/3/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, Janko Mivšek, Serge Stinckwich
Animation Library based on Athens
Student: MarianoVicente
Mentors: Pablo Tesone, Igor Stasenko

​​

Marcus Denker

Oct 3, 2013, 2:54:05 AM10/3/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, Janko Mivšek, Serge Stinckwich
We should make one news entry per project on esug.org… slowly, all couple of days one.
signature.asc

Erwan Douaille

Oct 4, 2013, 12:40:21 PM10/4/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com

UIPainter
Student: Erwan Douaille
Mentors: Esteban Lorenzano, Stephane Ducasse

UIPainter is a tool which help users to create in an easy way an user interface using Spec frameworks.

Best regards,

Douaille Erwan <douaill...@gmail.com>