Some news of the UIPainter project

Erwan Douaille

Sep 5, 2013, 3:16:30 PM9/5/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, Pharo Development List
Hi,

The GSoC deadlines is 16 september. It means than i have one week to fix bugs and implements some new features. The best way to find bugs is user feedbacks.

I will be glad to fix many bugs than you will find. (many bugs found in 5 minutes with my mentor ...)

Here is instructions to load UIPainter :

Gofer new
   smalltalkhubUser: 'ErwanDouaille' project: 'UIPainter';
   configurationOf: 'UIPainter';
   load.
ConfigurationOfUIPainter load

Thanks for testing, feedbacks and ideas :)

--
Best regards,

Douaille Erwan <douaill...@gmail.com>

Stéphane Ducasse

Sep 5, 2013, 4:20:05 PM9/5/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, Pharo Development List
thanks erwan
It is nice to see that you are making progress.
Stef

Erwan Douaille

Sep 5, 2013, 5:40:38 PM9/5/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com

2013/9/5 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.d...@gmail.com>
Hello.

I try to first load on pharo 2.0 and I spend the same, then in 3.0 and ran smoothly. It might be good to clarify this in the blog :)

Regards.

2013/9/5 Erwan Douaille <douail...@gmail.com>
You have to use the latest Pharo 3.0 version: http://files.pharo.org/image/30/latest.zip
It looks like Spec isn't loaded in your image. I didn't add any Spec dependencies in the Configuration due than Spec is loaded by default in Pharo 3.0
 Hope it will work :)

2013/9/5 Alexandre Bergel <alexandr...@me.com>
Hi Erwan,

I've tried to load your work using the configuration, but I got:

This package depends on the following classes:
  TreeNodeModel
  TabModel
  WorldModel
  TabManagerModel
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  properties
  uiPainter
  activeTab
  properties
  uiPainter
  isActive
  panelMorph
  properties
  uiPainter
  properties
  uiPainter

Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Best regards,

Douaille Erwan <douaill...@gmail.com>

Stéphane Ducasse

Sep 6, 2013, 3:03:26 AM9/6/13
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, Pharo Development List
Hi erwan

you should register your tools under the tools menu
Because the people do not know how to open it.

Erwan Douaille

Sep 6, 2013, 3:39:38 AM9/6/13
to Pharo Development List, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com

2013/9/6 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane...@inria.fr>
How do we open it?

UIPainter open

And yes i should add it to the tools menu :)
Stef

Erwan Douaille

Sep 6, 2013, 5:27:03 AM9/6/13
to Pharo Development List, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
I added it to the tools menu :)

Erwan Douaille

Sep 6, 2013, 10:25:18 AM9/6/13
to Pharo Development List, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
I made a default image which has UIPainter loaded.

As i said, you can launch UIPainter from tools menu

Erwan Douaille

Sep 7, 2013, 11:32:26 AM9/7/13
to Pharo Development List, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
Here is a video about how to build a counter with UIPainter:

2013/9/7 Erwan Douaille <douail...@gmail.com>
Hi :)

Yes i will. I'm writting a documentation about how to install it, use it, ... add new widgets ...
As a part of the GSoC i have to write doc, tests ....

I will do some screencasts. A counter is a nice idea.
Tonight i will upload a screencast for the counter :)

2013/9/6 Alexandre Bergel <alexandr...@me.com>
Hi!

I've just tried and it seems to work as expected.
Can you please give a short tutorial (could be like 4 pictures) on how to create a counter: label initialized with 0, +1 and -1 button?

Cheers,
Alexandre