smallrye-jwt 2.4.4 release is planned early next week

Sergey Beryozkin

Mar 5, 2021, 7:57:08 AM3/5/21
to SmallRye
Hi All,

I'd like to release smallrye-jwt 2.4.4 early next week for it to make it to Quarkus 1.13.0.CR1.

You can see the commits which made it into since 2.4.3 here:

Code-level updates do not affect MP JWT 1.1.1 related code, I'm interested having the backport from 3.x which updates the build API to make re-enhancing the JWT token easier

I'll go ahead with the release on Mon evening unless there will be some concerns

Cheers, Sergey

Sergey Beryozkin

Mar 9, 2021, 11:56:24 AM3/9/21
to SmallRye
It has been released.

Darran, thanks for the release PR comments

Sergey

Sergey Beryozkin

Mar 11, 2021, 9:33:02 AM3/11/21
to SmallRye
I'm going to follow up with renaming this branch from 2.4.x to 2.x - it became obvious after a discussion with Darran - as we can still have the minor (2.5.x, 2.6.x...) releases produced from this branch in the next few months, even though the main focus now is on the main (3...) branch

Thanks, Sergey

Sergey Beryozkin

Mar 11, 2021, 1:19:35 PM3/11/21
to SmallRye
This is done now - the only minor issue was that I've renamed it before pulling the latest updates - it lost the maven release commit updating the version to 2.4.5-SNAPSHOT - so I updated the version manually

Sergey Beryozkin

Mar 11, 2021, 1:22:29 PM3/11/21
to SmallRye
That was surprising because 2.4.x was set to track upstream/2.4.x so I certainly did not expect that renaming the branch (I did the standard sequence recommended everywhere for updating it from the console) can lose a commit

Cheers, Sergey