Recent Docker for Mac and Test Containers

clement escoffier

Oct 2, 2020, 12:58:47 PM10/2/20
to SmallRye
Hello,

If you are on Mac and use Docker for Mac, you may hit:

The latest Docker for Mac version does not work with Test Containers.
The workaround is to update the Test Containers version to 1.15.0-rc2.

SmallRye project inherits its Test Container version from the SmallRye Parent. I'm not sure it's safe to update there to an RC version. In addition, there are a few changes that need to be handled in the projects. For now, and until the release of the 1.15.0, you may need to define the version in your `pom.xml` file and see if it works for you.

For Reactive messaging, after a few changes around the Kafka container, everything worked on both the CI and my mac.

Clement