Jakarta EE9/MP 5

Gunnar Hilling

Oct 14, 2021, 10:25:39 AM10/14/21
to SmallRye
Hello, I'm preparing to update my libraries to Jakarta EE9. As I'm using smallrye-config I noticed that there are actual EE9-packages in the wildly-preview release.
Are those artefacts also available officially?
Kind regards,
Gunnar

Roberto Cortez

Oct 14, 2021, 12:28:15 PM10/14/21
to smal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gunnar,

Not yet. We are still investigating the best way to move and maintain all of the SR libraries.

Most of our consumer are still under javax, so we need to keep that under development, but we also want to keep the effort of supporting both namespaces low.

Cheers,
Roberto

Martin Stefanko

Oct 19, 2021, 10:37:23 AM10/19/21
to SmallRye
Hi,

just to add, wildfly-preview at least for now transforms SR artifacts manually with the transformer. These artifacts are not yet produced from SR directly.

Cheers,
Martin

Gunnar Hilling

Nov 18, 2021, 10:57:04 AM11/18/21
to SmallRye
Thanks Roberto,
I'm also investigating the same for my project (https://github.com/guhilling/cdi-test).
Don't want to maintain 2 different branches actually. But I'll probably have to ...
Kind regards,
Gunnar

Gunnar Hilling

Nov 18, 2021, 10:57:25 AM11/18/21