Multiple app support in SmallRye OpenAPI?

Tim Quinn

Oct 27, 2021, 10:37:06 PM10/27/21
to SmallRye
(Not sure this is still the place to ask about OpenAPI. Please redirect me if appropriate.)

Some time ago on an older release of SmallRye OpenAPI, we noticed trouble when multiple JAX-RS applications were present. IIRC we would see only one represented in the OpenAPI document produce, and which one could vary from run to run.

I've been doing some things with 2.0.26 recently and it seems as if the scanner and related code are handling multiple apps just fine. I have seen issues opened about this and closed as not supported (Add support for multiple applications).

Does this in fact work and, if so, is this supported?

Thanks.

 - Tim

Tim Quinn

Oct 27, 2021, 11:11:38 PM10/27/21
to SmallRye
To clarify a bit...

I've been working with a simple two-application project. I see all endpoints from both apps represented in the OpenAPI document, and the `components` section contains entries for POJOs used from all endpoints.

Certainly the document can contain only one `info` section if all apps bear the `@OpenAPIDefinition`, for example. But as stated in the issue I mentioned earlier, the MP OpenAPI spec hints at but doesn't define the "correct" behavior in such cases. So it's developer beware, and that seems fine to me.

Phillip Krüger

Oct 28, 2021, 1:55:28 AM10/28/21
to SmallRye
Hi Tim

Please repeat there, and then we can discuss there. I think this will depend on the runtime. (Quarkus / Wildfly etc).