Need help on using SecretKeysConfigSourceInterceptor

Xuedong Din

Feb 18, 2021, 10:14:35 AM2/18/21
to SmallRye
For our current quarkus project, I'm investigating on using SecretKeysConfigSourceInterceptor to protect database passwords defined in application.properties. I'm new to SmallRye and I couldn't find much info online related to that. Could any expert provide some sample code and the integration steps on  SecretKeysConfigSourceInterceptor?

Thanks a lot

Roberto Cortez

Feb 18, 2021, 10:51:39 AM2/18/21
to smal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xuedong,

We have some documentation here:

Just a note, the Secret Keys is not a replacement to properly secure keys, but it may help preventing values to be printed or misused in your code.

I believe we did not finish the Quarkus integration for this one. I think I need to return to this. We do have an issue in the Quarkus side:

We don’t have a way to feed in the properties from Quarkus yet. An option would be to extend the current interceptor and feed the keys manually, until we have proper integration.

Let me know if this helps. I’m happy to move this forward.

Cheers,
Roberto

On 18 Feb 2021, at 15:14, Xuedong Din <xuedo...@gmail.com> wrote:

For our current quarkus project, I'm investigating on using SecretKeysConfigSourceInterceptor to protect database passwords defined in application.properties. I'm new to SmallRye and I couldn't find much info online related to that. Could any expert provide some sample code and the integration steps on  SecretKeysConfigSourceInterceptor?

Thanks a lot

Xuedong Din

Feb 19, 2021, 8:34:30 AM2/19/21
to SmallRye
Hi Roberto, thanks for the reply. We'll take a look.