Question regarding jakarta dependency version

clement escoffier

Nov 2, 2020, 2:24:42 AM11/2/20
to SmallRye
Hello,

Which versions of Jakarta JSON Bind-API and JSON API should we use in SmallRye?
If I update Yasson to the latest version (2.0.1), it requires Jakarta classes that are not available in the currently imported versions of the Jakarta dependency (defined in SmallRye parent). What are the recommended versions?

Clement

Roberto Cortez

Nov 2, 2020, 6:40:08 AM11/2/20
to smal...@googlegroups.com
I think we are going to need to stick with versions pre Jakarta for now. Until MP as a platform moves to Jakarta, we need to support javax.

Do you need anything from Yasson 2.x? Bug fixes? New features?

clement escoffier

Nov 2, 2020, 7:17:08 AM11/2/20
to smal...@googlegroups.com
On Mon 2 Nov 2020 at 12:40, 'Roberto Cortez' via SmallRye <smal...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I think we are going to need to stick with versions pre Jakarta for now. Until MP as a platform moves to Jakarta, we need to support javax.

Do you need anything from Yasson 2.x? Bug fixes? New features?

I’m more worried by CVEs. So far so good (except if they are under embargo), but that kind of component is often an attack surface.

Clement

On 2 Nov 2020, at 07:24, clement escoffier <clement....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Which versions of Jakarta JSON Bind-API and JSON API should we use in SmallRye?
If I update Yasson to the latest version (2.0.1), it requires Jakarta classes that are not available in the currently imported versions of the Jakarta dependency (defined in SmallRye parent). What are the recommended versions?

Clement

Roberto Cortez

Nov 2, 2020, 7:28:57 AM11/2/20
to smal...@googlegroups.com
Might be interesting to find out what are the support plans for older versions. I hope that CVE and bug fixes are ported to 1.x, especially considering that moving to javax -> jakarta is going to be a long road.

If that is not the case, we may need to fork and roll out our own version (which I would like to avoid).