Fargo River

Frank McPherson

Feb 24, 2014, 4:07:29 PM2/24/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I can imagine that it may not be high on the to-do list, but is there a plan to update the Fargo River at http://fargo.io/river.html with updates from the Fargo 2 blogs? In the past I found it a useful resource to learn how the Fargo community was doing things with Fargo.

On a related note... I see that the Worknotes option of Fargo's Docs menu is 404'ing.

Dave Winer

Feb 24, 2014, 4:52:40 PM2/24/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I fixed the link to the Worknotes and removed the link to the river.

The river isn't really practical in this incarnation of Fargo since the server is something people can install for themselves, we don't have a handle on all the blogs that are published with Fargo.

Dave

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Frank McPherson <frank.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can imagine that it may not be high on the to-do list, but is there a plan to update the Fargo River at http://fargo.io/river.html with updates from the Fargo 2 blogs? In the past I found it a useful resource to learn how the Fargo community was doing things with Fargo.

On a related note... I see that the Worknotes option of Fargo's Docs menu is 404'ing.

Frank McPherson

Feb 24, 2014, 8:12:01 PM2/24/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
Ok, for my own benefit, I would like to put together a River of Fargo blogs and fargo related info. If anyone wants to send me the the RSS feed for there Fargo blog you can send it to me... frank dot mcpherson at gmail dot com.

Frank McPherson

Feb 26, 2014, 9:03:04 AM2/26/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I may be wrong, I seem to recall a script that produced a list of all the named outlines. It was useful to discover other Fargo blogs and learn from what other people were doing. Does that script still exist?

Dave Winer

Feb 26, 2014, 9:08:06 AM2/26/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
The whole CMS has been rewritten from the ground up since then.

Dave

Andrew Shell

Feb 26, 2014, 9:10:45 AM2/26/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
It's probably something someone could add to fargoPublisher, but the list would only be for that particular server.  You could have a river that pulled that OPML file from any server you knew of then.

Dave doesn't have to add this, fargoPublisher is open source, just submit a pull request. :)

https://github.com/scripting/fargoPublisher

Cheers,
Andrew