Posting to Wordpress - Enabling Markdown separates nodes using break tags rather than paragraphs

Jack Baty

Sep 15, 2014, 3:29:54 PM9/15/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I love using Fargo to post to my Wordpress blog. I recently discovered the option: "Check this box to pass WordPress blog text through Markdown." Even better! However, when that box is checked, each node, when sent to Wordpress, is delimited using a break tag (<br>). When that option is not checked, each node is rendered as an HTML paragraph using <p> tags.

Is this expected? I'd think that both would use paragraphs but perhaps there's a good reason for not doing it that way. For now I'm working around it by adding an empty node in Fargo between "paragraphs".

Thanks, Jack.