Question about outlines (how can I tell if they are public)

Tony Colston

Jul 14, 2016, 10:51:50 AM7/14/16
to smallpicture-user
I read the docs and searched a bit before asking...

How do I know if the outline I am typing in is public anywhere? It looked like if the top element has a name is what does that?

Just wanted to make sure what I am typing is not ending up out in the world for everyone to read.

I might be missing a larger concept there... maybe all outlines are private by default... just wanted to see is there a UI element or a way I can look at an outline in fargo and know that it is not being published out to the world.

tony

Dave Winer

Jul 14, 2016, 10:53:00 AM7/14/16
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
Good question.

All outlines are private by default.

You are not creating something public.

You can make it public with the Get Public Link command in the File menu.

Dave