New sign ins to LO2 impossible because a change in Twitter's Sign in with Twitter service.

Omar Vasquez Lima

Jun 22, 2018, 8:23:48 AM6/22/18
to smallpicture-user
When attempting to sign on to Twitter from the LO2 UI on a fresh browser, instead of the Twitter app sign-in page, this results in the following error message displayed by the browser:

{
    "statusCode": 403,
}

This is related to this announcement from Twitter:

Action REQUIRED - Sign in with Twitter users must whitelist callback URLs
https://twittercommunity.com/t/action-required-sign-in-with-twitter-users-must-whitelist-callback-urls/105342

Dave Winer

Jun 22, 2018, 8:33:35 AM6/22/18
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report. I just updated the app settings and tried it here and it worked.

Omar Vasquez Lima

Jun 23, 2018, 1:26:25 AM6/23/18
to smallpicture-user
Worked here too, setting up LO2 on my new Mac, thanks again.