conflicted copies in dropbox

Bill Soistmann

Sep 7, 2014, 10:24:31 PM9/7/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I mentioned in a post to the web mail list that I thought my problem might be related to the quirky behavior I've seen in the dropbox client for Linux, but my wife asked me to help her with a problem she was having with Fargo and the root of it was the same thing.

It seems that frequently, but not always, when she or I ( different drobox accounts - she on OS X and me on Linux ) save an outline, a new conflicted copy is created.

This creates several issues ...

1. if we close and reopen the outline later, we have "lost" our changes ( they are in the new conflicted copy )
2. when we use either Fargo/Publisher to render an outline or use my system to do it, we are rendering the outline without what we just tried to add

Anyone else seen this behavior on a regular basis like we are seeing now?

Dave Winer

Sep 8, 2014, 8:08:25 AM9/8/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I think Dropbox is failing. I'm seeing the same thing here. If it persists, I'll report it to them.

Dave

Frank McPherson

Sep 8, 2014, 10:10:54 AM9/8/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I am seeing this happening with the outlines that I have been working with during the last 24 hours.

Bill Soistmann

Sep 8, 2014, 11:25:42 AM9/8/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I provide curriculum/technology integration for my daughter's school. Many of the faculty are Dropbox users and rely on it in a big way.

Some use Fargo, but most do not.

I've confirmed that many of them are having similar issues with Dropbox. The only ones that haven't confirmed that are the ones I have not heard from.

David Wynn

Sep 8, 2014, 4:54:11 PM9/8/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
Still seeing this here as well. Changes seem to be sporadically sticking.