not understanding something fundamental

jsf

May 14, 2015, 6:46:09 PM5/14/15
to Smallpicture User
I am in fargo.io

I have created an outline named 'client faq outline'

while it's open, i have gone into 'file' menu and clicked 'name outline'

I know, supposedly, have published this outline at msdsfaq.smallpict.com

i know the name has been created since I cannot re-create it (it is 'taken')

When i try to open a browser window for msdsfaq.smallpict.com i get the text below.

WHat am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Joshua

  • Code: NoSuchKey
  • Message: The specified key does not exist.
  • Key: users/msdsfaq/index.html
  • RequestId: E816815F4F1E56F0
  • HostId: ChgJdp3M/8v4Mfw1M32dDW2F3Yyu0F/vYstHnENDiJNkvfSPL00x7Lgz+G/VtGjp

An Error Occurred While Attempting to Retrieve a Custom Error Document

  • Code: NoSuchKey
  • Message: The specified key does not exist.
  • Key: error.html

Dave Winer

May 14, 2015, 6:58:34 PM5/14/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
Try this..

1. Click the tab for the outline, client faq outline.

2. Choose Render All Pages from the File menu and confirm.

Might take a few seconds to run.

Try accessing the domain again.

Dave

jsf

May 15, 2015, 4:51:16 PM5/15/15
to Smallpicture User
I'm happy to read more documentation if I'm missing something completely obvious.  Just put the link here and I'll read it and try to follow the directions!

:-)

Thanks!

Joshua

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:33 PM, jsf <jfre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Something else I noticed:

I have two other outlines in my fargo.io tabs.  Both of those have the 'eye' icon and, if I click on the eye icon, it brings up the published pages associated with those tabs no problem.

but that's at a different URL than the one I'm trying to setup for the tab we've been discussing:  msdsfaq.smallpict.com .

I can no longer recall whether or not I associated the other tabs with wordpress or not.  I don't *think* I did.  But I definitely am noticing the absence of the 'eye' icon on the left hand side column of icons.. and i am still getting the error message I posted previously.

Thanks,

J.

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 9:55 AM, jsf <jfre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Dave,

thanks for the very fast response.

I have tried the steps you recommended.. this is a head scratcher...   Here's what i still see when I try to access msdsfaq.smallpict.com:

404 Not Found

    • Code: NoSuchKey
    • Message: The specified key does not exist.
    • Key: users/msdsfaq/index.html
    • RequestId: C05F22D7197FD17C
    • HostId: f0+0DPE+RQ4iJ8YG4iXqM3DajeJT2XPvlBQOJbjvaOa0iAPyO26ezYH9PfY154kaQiLvKMpdfLE=

    jsf

      jsf