Fwd: FW: Database for research on Chinese bamboo

Sharon Domier

Jan 19, 2016, 10:02:59 AM1/19/16
to smalleaco...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
Would one of the Chinese librarians in this group take a look at these 2
databases for me. I haven't heard of either of them before and am
curious about costs and registration. This is for Amherst College, but
if they are useful and cheap possibly my other two campuses.

Sharon

TO: Sharon Domier
SUBJECT: Database for research on Chinese bamboo

Hi Sharon,

I hope you had a great break. Thank you for meeting with me last
semester and for your advice on my thesis research on bamboo in Chinese
history.

I spent some time working with primary resources in China, and I was
looking at this database: http://x.wenjinguan.com/ It offers a huge
collection of digitalized historical gazetteers, which would greatly
help with my research. Another database, http://www.hytung.cn/ provides
sources that I'm looking for.

I'm hoping I could still access these databases after I come back to the
U.S. Would you help me figure out if I can do that? Thanks a lot!

Best,
Nancy