how are you all doing?

Sharon Domier

Apr 13, 2020, 10:34:47 AM4/13/20
to Small Collections Roundtable
Dear Small Collections colleagues,
I have been thinking about you recently. How are you all doing? The challenges of trying to do remote work without access to ILL make it even harder for us. And even though there are a number of database providers who are offering expanded access and extended trials during the pandemic, it can be hard to get the proxy server work done on the library end.

You may be zoomed out or you may be feeling extra isolated. But since we missed our in-person meeting at CEAL, would any of you like to get together for coffee/tea and a chat over Zoom? It would be nice to catch up and share stories/tips.

Depending on your interest I can set up a doodle poll to find a good time. Let me know:)

Sharon Domier
in the woods of Massachusetts

Chen, Xi

Apr 13, 2020, 12:46:19 PM4/13/20
to Sharon Domier, Small Collections Roundtable
Hi Sharon,

I think it's a great idea.  We can share with each other what's happening in our libraries/universities, how we are coping with the shutdown, the common questions we have received from patrons etc.

Of course, the coffee chat will be optional! Totally understand if you feel overwhelmed and don't want an extra zoom session 🙂

Sharon, if you can set up a doodle poll, that will be very nice! Thank you!

Xi

Apr 13, 2020, 1:13:32 PM4/13/20
to Chen, Xi, Sharon Domier, Small Collections Roundtable
Hi Sharon,

This is a great idea and I'd like to join you as long as no schedule changes.

Stay healthy and look forward to connecting with you and other colleagues soon.

Best,
Yan

Anna Shparberg

Apr 13, 2020, 1:33:26 PM4/13/20
to Sharon Domier, Small Collections Roundtable
Dear Sharon,

What a great idea -- I would love to join in for the coffee/tea hour and
touch base with everyone!

Best wishes,

Anna L. Shparberg, Humanities Librarian
Fondren Library 713-348-3809
Rice University e-mail: shpa...@rice.edu
6100 Main St. library.rice.edu
Houston, TX 77005-1892

https://www.avg.com

Anlin Yang

Apr 13, 2020, 2:30:57 PM4/13/20
to Anna Shparberg, Sharon Domier, Small Collections Roundtable
Hi Sharon,

That is a great idea. Please count me in.

Best,
Anlin

--

Anlin Yang

East Asian Catalging Librarian

University of Iowa Libraries

100 Main Library (LIB)

125 W Washington St

Iowa City, IA 52242

(319)335-5029

anlin...@uiowa.edu

Anna Shparberg <shpa...@rice.edu> 于2020年4月13日周一 下午12:33写道:
Please visit Small East Asia Collection at
http://groups.google.com/group/smalleacollections?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Smalleacollections" group.

Amei Hu

Apr 13, 2020, 2:40:32 PM4/13/20
to Anlin Yang, Anna Shparberg, Sharon Domier, Small Collections Roundtable
Hi Sharon,
I am stuck at home for almost a month now. Please count me in.
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Amei

Sharon Domier

Apr 13, 2020, 2:49:08 PM4/13/20
to Small Collections Roundtable
So good to hear from a number of you.

Here is a set of dates and times to see if we can find a good time.