CNKI International Individual Cards

Sharon Domier

Nov 4, 2021, 3:50:31 PM11/4/21
to Smalleacollections
Friends,
Have any of you looked into buying the CNKI International Individual Cards or recommended that your faculty/grad students buy them?

I remember many years ago that the faculty at Dickinson College had domestic China cards and replenished them whenever someone went to China. Then I saw them listed on the CNKI website and asked Eastview about them, but I didn't get a response.

It looks to me like they can work as debit accounts or gift cards, and I could see using them to fulfill ILL requests for dissertations or articles in the fields we don't subscribe to. Also, at small colleges, perhaps faculty could get research funds from their dean to cover the costs.

Anyone with actual experience that they would be willing to share before I write to CNKI for more information?

Sharon Domier