FW: Ithaka S+R Prospectus for the Field of Asian Studies

Chen, Xi

Feb 2, 2016, 1:31:39 PM2/2/16
to smalleaco...@googlegroups.com
Dear Small EA Collections Librarians,

Some time ago CEAL president sent out a prospectus on eastlib on behalf of Deanna Marcum, Managing Director of Ithaka S+R. The prospectus relates to the Ithaka's plans to examine the research needs of academics in the field of Asian studies. Deanna is interested in diversifying the mix of institutional participants by reaching out to smaller collections, including those in liberal arts colleges.

She wants everyone to understand that they are seeking grant funding to offset at least some of the fee for small institutions. Here I'm quoting her comments about the cost: "We know that the smaller libraries can't afford the $7,000 fee. We will work with institutions to find a satisfactory solution. We think the most important thing is to have diverse participants in the program."

If your institution is interested in participating, please contact her at:

Deanna Marcum
Managing Director, Ithaka S+R

E-mail: deanna...@ithaka.org
Telephone: 212-500-2337
Cell phone: 917-213-2400

Xi
Xi Chen 陈晰
Chinese Studies Librarian
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive La Jolla, CA 92093-0175R
xich...@ucsd.edu
858-534-2894
http://ucsd.libguides.com/chinese_e_resources

Asian Studies RSS Prospectus.docx