[slurm-users] Issue in srun: error: cerium: task 0: Exited with exit code 255 "Display Warning"

Sundaram Kumaran

Nov 18, 2023, 4:59:27 AM11/18/23
to slurm...@schedmd.com, slurm-us...@lists.schedmd.com

Dear Slurm Users,

May I have your suggestion/recommendation to solve the issue,

We have 2 servers Platinum and Cerium,

  1. when I launch the job in Platinum the tool launches successfully, and the job is complete.
  2. But when I try to launch a job in cerium from platinum, I find the following issue,

FYI,

ISSUE:

[vlsicad3@platinum ~/PDK_TSMC013]$ srun -w cerium virtuoso &

[1] 19277

[vlsicad3@platinum ~/PDK_TSMC013]$ *WARNING* X Window Display Initialization failure

*WARNING* (DISPLAY "cerium:11.0")

srun: error: cerium: task 0: Exited with exit code 255

[1]    Exit 255                      srun -w cerium virtuoso

I tried using SETENV DISPLAY to get IP address of Cerium,

[vlsicad3@cerium ~/PDK_TSMC013]$ hostname -I | awk '{print $1}'

172.20.67.160

Then in platinum,

[vlsicad3@platinum ~/PDK_TSMC013]$ setenv DISPLAY 172.20.67.220:0.0

[vlsicad3@platinum ~/PDK_TSMC013]$ srun -w cerium virtuoso &

[1] 23057

[vlsicad3@platinum ~/PDK_TSMC013]$ *WARNING* X Window Display Initialization failure

*WARNING* (DISPLAY "172.20.67.220:0.0")

srun: error: cerium: task 0: Exited with exit code 255

[1]    Exit 255                      srun -w cerium virtuoso

end up with the same issue, May I have your suggestion to run the gui?

Kindly let me know

Regards,

KumaranS

This e-mail and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or protected by the Official Secrets Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it or notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person.