[slurm-users] changing the operational network in slurm setup

Purvesh Parmar

Mar 13, 2023, 9:20:04 PM3/13/23
to Slurm User Community List
hi,

We have slurm 22.08 running on ethernet  (1 GbE) network (slurmdbd, slurmctld and slurmd on compute nodes) on ubuntu 20.04. We want to migrate the slurm services on the 10 gbe network, which is present on all the nodes and on the master server as well. How to proceed for this?

Thanks,
P. Parmar

Steven Hood

Mar 13, 2023, 9:50:33 PM3/13/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
Have you changed the IP assignment to use the 10GB interface?

Mar 13, 2023, 10:05:35 PM3/13/23
to Slurm User Community List
Hi,

No, its an additional network enabled on all the nodes and now slurm services we want to migrate from 1 GbE network to 10 GbE network. Yes, we have assigned different ip addresses on the 10 GbE network

Steven Hood

Mar 13, 2023, 10:26:57 PM3/13/23
to Slurm User Community List
Set dns server to use the ip address of the 10g

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Purvesh Parmar

Mar 14, 2023, 12:19:49 AM3/14/23
to Slurm User Community List
Thank you.

It would be helpful if you can elaborate on this. We had hostnames given according to interfaces. Now that also needs to be changed,

Thanks,
P. parmar

Paul Edmon

Mar 14, 2023, 8:42:07 AM3/14/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com

We do this for our Infiniband set up.  What we do is that we populate /etc/hosts with the hostname mapped to the IP we want Slurm to use.  This way you get IP traffic traversing the address you want between nodes while not having to mess with DNS.

-Paul Edmon-