[slurm-users] Preventing --exclusive on a per-partition basis

Russell Jones

Mar 21, 2023, 1:03:32 PM3/21/23
to Slurm User Community List
Hi all,

We are running into the documented issues of job preemption not working for jobs running in a lower priority queue, but the user used --exclusive=user in the job submission.

I have found the example job_submit.lua file for preventing using this flag, but I don't want to prevent it on every partition - only certain ones.

How can I go about doing that?

Bjørn-Helge Mevik

Mar 22, 2023, 4:56:53 AM3/22/23
to slurm...@schedmd.com
I'd simply add a test like
and job_desc.partition == "the_partition"
to the test for exclusiveness.

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,

signature.asc

Russell Jones

Mar 22, 2023, 9:21:59 PM3/22/23
to Slurm User Community List, slurm...@schedmd.com
Thank you! Yes I ended up doing exactly that after finding the job submit API docs.