[slurm-users] Run a program via Strigger when a node joins the cluster

1 view

Karri Vrkreddy via slurm-users

Jul 5, 2024, 8:05:07 PM (10 days ago) Jul 5
to slurm...@schedmd.com
Hi,

  We have a requirement to run a specific program whenever any new node joins the slurm cluster.
  For this, we have tried using strigger with the following options :

  "strigger --set --node --up --flags=perm --program=<program>"

  We see that the trigger is not getting activated always. Checked slurmctld logs for "type=node:up" and noticed it is not always happening.
  Based on documentation at https://slurm.schedmd.com/strigger.html , "up" flag would mean

   Trigger an event if the specified node is returned to service from a DOWN state

1. From
Slurm Workload Manager - Slurm Power Saving Guide , and the above message does it mean that a node has to be already in DOWN state in the cluster for a trigger with "--up" to get activated ?
2. Are there any other ways beyond strigger to achieve this ?

--
Thanks
Karri