[slurm-users] powersave: excluding nodes

Davide DelVento

Dec 11, 2023, 11:50:21 AM12/11/23
to slurm...@schedmd.com
Following the example from https://slurm.schedmd.com/power_save.html regarding SuspendExcNodes

I configured my slurm.conf with

SuspendExcNodes=node[01-12]:2,node[13-32]:2,node[33-34]:1,nodegpu[01-02]:1
SuspendExcStates=down,drain,fail,maint,not_responding,reserved
#SuspendExcParts=

(the nodes in the different groups have different amounts of physical memory).

Unfortunately, it seems to me that slurm does not honor such a setting and excludes only the two nodes from one group, but shuts off everything else. Is there another setting which may inadvertently cause this problem, or that's a known bug?

Thanks!

Davide DelVento

Dec 11, 2023, 11:53:58 AM12/11/23
to slurm...@schedmd.com
Forgot to mention: this is with slurm 23.02.6 (apologize for the double message)

Davide DelVento

Dec 18, 2023, 4:23:44 PM12/18/23
to slurm...@schedmd.com
Could it be a similar problem as the one in the "SlurmcltdHost confusion" thread which (if you weren’t paying attention) the comma-separated syntax doesn’t work, but repeating the thing on multiple lines achieved what that person intended?
On the other hand, for AccountingStoreFlags the other thing was true: I had two lines one specifying job_script and the other job_comment and only the last one was honored until I noticed and consolidated them in one line, comma-separating the arguments...