[slurm-users] API - Specify GPUs

1 view

jpuerto--- via slurm-users

Jul 26, 2024, 3:35:54 PM (17 hours ago) Jul 26
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
Good Afternoon All,

It does not seem that the REST API allows for folks to configure their jobs to utilize GPUs, using the traditional methods. IE, there does not appear to be an equivalent between the --gpus (or --gres) flag on sbatch/srun and the REST API's job submission endpoint. Can anyone point me towards what should be used if the version we are on does not support tres specifications?

Best regards,

Juan Puerto

Hagdorn, Magnus Karl Moritz via slurm-users

Jul 26, 2024, 4:01:54 PM (16 hours ago) Jul 26
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
On Fr, 2024-07-26 at 19:34 +0000, jpuerto--- via slurm-users wrote:
> It does not seem that the REST API allows for folks to configure
> their jobs to utilize GPUs, using the traditional methods. IE, there
> does not appear to be an equivalent between the --gpus (or --gres)
> flag on sbatch/srun and the REST API's job submission endpoint. Can
> anyone point me towards what should be used if the version we are on
> does not support tres specifications?

I think the API only supports tres specification. that is certainly how
I got it to work.