[slurm-users] Help with slurmdbd and Slurmctld

stth via slurm-users

Jun 17, 2024, 11:58:15 AMJun 17
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
Hello,
I wanted help with a problem I have. I just updated my operation system and the slurmdbd and slurmctld is not working anymore. I get this Errors:

slurmdbd: fatal: Database schema is too old for this version of Slurm to upgrade.

slurmctld: fatal: Can not recover last_tres state, incompatible version, got 9472 need >= 9728 <= 10240,start with '-i' to ignore this. Warning: using -i will lose the data that can't be recovered.

I hope someone can help !

Groner, Rob via slurm-users

Jun 17, 2024, 12:09:45 PMJun 17
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com, stth
When you updated your operating system, you likely updated the version of slurm you were using too (assuming slurm had been installed from system repos instead of built source code).  Slurm only supports db and state files that are within 2 major versions older than itself.

The fix is to uninstall the updated version of slurm on your system and reinstall the older version or a version at most 2 major versions newer than that.

Rob

Jun 17, 2024, 12:20:23 PMJun 17
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
> using -i will lose the data that can'tbe recovered.
>

> I hope someone can help !

You don't give any details about what upgrades you did, so it's not easy
to provide help.

In case you're upgrading Slurm within the same OS, there is some
information in this Wiki page:
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/Niflheim_system/Slurm_installation/#upgrading-slurm

/Ole

stth via slurm-users

Jun 18, 2024, 10:55:30 AMJun 18
to Ole Holm Nielsen, slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
Hello,

thank you for your responses. I am currently running on Ubuntu 24.04 LTS. and I have the slurm version 23.11.4. As long as I know the slurm version is actually the same as before.

thank you.