[slurm-users] parastation (mpi)

Heckes, Frank

Nov 24, 2023, 6:16:42 AM11/24/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com

Hello all,

Some of scientists found the toolchains based on ParaStation to be faster than those utilizing openMPI or impi. I couldn’t find any eb files for toolchains based on this MPI implementation.

My colleagues are using this toolchains on Jülich cluster (especially Juwels). My question is whether these eb files can be shared ? I would be interested especially in the ones using NVHPC as core module.
Does anyone knows whether the parastation MPI is an active project still, because the github doesn’t show so many recent changes?
Many thanks in advance and sorry if I overlooked something in eb files of version 4.8.1.

Cheers,

-Frank Heckes

Christopher Samuel

Nov 24, 2023, 9:27:41 AM11/24/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
On 11/24/23 06:16, Heckes, Frank wrote:

> My colleagues are using this toolchains on Jülich cluster (especially
> Juwels). My question is whether these eb files can be shared ? I would
> be interested especially in the ones using NVHPC as core module.

If Jülich developed that toolchain then I think you'd need to ask them
whether they are agreeable to sharing them.

> Does anyone knows whether the parastation MPI is an active project
> still, because the github doesn’t show so many recent changes?

There's a number of different repos under that umbrella, and whilst
psmpi does look active it seems the psmgmt one has had more commits
recently. So it does look active to me.

https://github.com/ParaStation/

All the best.
Chris