[slurm-dev] Announcing Slurm-Web 1.1

Rémi Palancher

Jul 10, 2015, 9:21:56 AM7/10/15
to slurm-dev

Dear Slurm users,

With my team mates at EDF (french producer of electricity), we are glad
and happy to announce the first public release of Slurm-web.

Slurm-web is a free software, distributed under the GPLv2 (just as
Slurm), that provides both a HTTP REST API (based on JSON format) and a
web GUI with dashboards and graphical views of the current state of
your Slurm-based HPC supercomputers.

The website of Slurm-web, with screenshots:
http://edf-hpc.github.io/slurm-web/

For the technical part, Slurm-web heavily relies on PySLURM, the Python
binding of Slurm librairies. We would like to thank Mark Roberts for
his great work of this project!

We think the new version 1.1 is ready for wider usage outside EDF and
may be (hopefully) interesting for other people. The current set of
features is rather limited but it already gives useful graphical views
complementary to what sview native Slurm commands provide to users. And
we have many ideas of future developments that may improve it
significantly over the next months! To get a picture on what is coming
next, you may have a look at the list of issues on github:
https://github.com/edf-hpc/slurm-web/issues

If you get any interest in this software, we would be pleased to hear
from you! We would be pleased to get any form of contribution for yet a
better Slurm software ecosystem!

Rémi Palancher, on behalf of the EDF CCN-HPC team.