[slurm-users] SLURM QoS Preemption Not Functioning as Expected

木子 via slurm-users

Jun 27, 2024, 7:52:11 AM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to slurm-users
Hi all;
I'm testing slurm preempt with PreemptType=preempt/qos and PreemptMode=suspend,gang in slurm.conf. But job with high-qos not preempt the job with low-qos.
My configuration followed:
slurm version: 23.11.4
test node : 8 CPUS and 8GB RAM
QoS Configuration
Partition Configuration:

Job Submission: I submitted test jobs, one with --qos=low-qos and--partition=low , resources 4 CPUs, 4GB memory, and later, a  job  with --qos=high-qos and  --partition=g1 requesting more resources( 5 CPUs, 5GB memory).

Did anyone else encounter this issue or any additional steps I might need to take to correctly enable QoS-based preemption in our SLURM setup.

Best regards,
Liyar

C73658CE@68DACE6F.D7517D66.png
2E0A5C2F@38AEC82D.D7517D66.png