[slurm-users] How to check the bench mark capacity of the SLURM setup

John Joseph

Dec 13, 2023, 1:14:19 AM12/13/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
Dear All,
Good morning
We have setup of slurm setup for a HPC setup of 4 node
We want to do a stress test , guidnace requested for getting a  code which can test the functionality of the SLURM efficiency.  If there is such  a program, like to try out
Guidance requested
Thanks
Joseph john

Ole Holm Nielsen

Dec 13, 2023, 3:35:15 AM12/13/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
On 12/13/23 07:13, John Joseph wrote:
> We have setup of slurm setup for a HPC setup of 4 node
> We want to do a stress test , guidnace requested for getting a  code which
> can test the functionality of the SLURM efficiency.  If there is such  a
> program, like to try out
> Guidance requested

Then please define clearly your question. The Slurm resource manager is
very efficient at handling hundreds or thousands of compute nodes with
good functionality!

/Ole

John Joseph

Dec 13, 2023, 4:45:01 AM12/13/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com, Ole Holm Nielsen

Hi Ole,

Thanks for the mail, and sorry for not properly explaining what info I was requesting, what actually I meant was that how could we could  do a check how the HPC system I set is working.

Eg a program which can be run individually on a node, and comparing how the same code performed under the slurm system, Hope I was able to explain more clearly on my request
And sorry once again of not posting the email more clearly

Thanks

Joseph John

Ole Holm Nielsen

Dec 13, 2023, 5:52:20 AM12/13/23
to John Joseph, slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
On 12/13/23 10:44, John Joseph wrote:
> Thanks for the mail, and sorry for not properly explaining what info I was
> requesting, what actually I meant was that how could we could  do a check
> how the HPC system I set is working.
>
> Eg a program which can be run individually on a node, and comparing how
> the same code performed under the slurm system, Hope I was able to explain
> more clearly on my request
> And sorry once again of not posting the email more clearly

Code performance is not related to Slurm resource manager. Maybe you just
want to find a benchmark code to run on your system. For example, the HPL
Linpack code, see https://www.top500.org/project/linpack/

/Ole