[slurm-users] TRES sreport per association

Kamil Wilczek

Nov 12, 2023, 5:59:19 PM11/12/23
to Slurm User Community List
Dear All,

is is possible to report GPU Minutes per association? Suppose
I have two associations like this:

sacctmgr show assoc where user=$(whoami)
format=account%10,user%16,partition%12,qos%12,grptresmins%20

Account User Partition QOS GrpTRESMins
---------- ---------------- ------------ ------------ --------------------
staff kmwil gpu_adv 1gpu1d gres/gpu=10000
staff kmwil common 4gpu4d gres/gpu=100

When I run "sreport" I get (I think) the cumulative report. There
is no "association" option for the "--format" flag for "sreport".

In my setup I divide the cluster using GPU generations. Older
cards, like TITAN V are accessible for all users (a common
partition), but, for example, a partition with nodes with A100
is accessible only for selected users.

Each user gets a QoS ("4gpu4d" means that a user can allocate
4 GPUs at most and a single job time limit is 4 days). Each
user is also limited to a number of GPUMinutes for each
association and it would be nice to know how many minutes
are left per assoc.

Kind regards
--
Kamil Wilczek [https://keys.openpgp.org/]
[6C4BE20A90A1DBFB3CBE2947A832BF5A491F9F2A]

David

Nov 16, 2023, 9:58:11 AM11/16/23
to Slurm User Community List
Hello,

Perhaps`scontrol show assoc` might be able to help you here, in part? Or even sshare. Those would be the raw usage numbers, if I remember correctly. But it might help get you some insight as to usages (though not analogous to what sreport would show). As a note: `scontrol show assoc` will be very lengthy output.

HTH,

David
--
David Rhey