[slurm-users] how to safely rename a slurm user's name

hermes via slurm-users

Jun 20, 2024, 4:59:06 AMJun 20
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com

Hello,

I’d like to ask if there is any safe method to rename an existing slurm user to new username with the same uid?

As for linux itself, it’s quite common to have 2 user share the same uid.

So if we already have 2 system users, for example Bob(uid=1500) and HPCBob(uid=1500), and the HPCBob is the existing slurm user, how can we rename it to Bob without lost of user’s history job records or associations? Do we have to manually edit the slurm database?

Timo Rothenpieler via slurm-users

Jun 20, 2024, 9:41:44 AMJun 20
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
Slurm differentiates between users and accounts.
Just add the new user to the existing slurm account, and delete or leave
the old one.

I don't think there is anyway to rename a slurm account though.
Does not look like it from the sacctmgr docs at least.