[slurm-users] SLURM new user query, does SLURM has GUI /Web based management version also

Joseph John

Nov 19, 2023, 3:13:58 AM11/19/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com

Dear All,

I am new user, trying out SLURM

Like to check if the SLURM has a GUI/web based management tool also

Thanks

Joseph John

Ole Holm Nielsen

Nov 19, 2023, 5:33:42 AM11/19/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
On 19-11-2023 09:11, Joseph John wrote:
> I am new user, trying out SLURM
>
> Like to check if the SLURM has a GUI/web based management tool also

Did you read the Quick Start Administrator Guide at
https://slurm.schedmd.com/quickstart_admin.html ?

I don't believe there are any Slurm management tools as a web GUI, and
that would probably be a security nightmare anyway because privileged
system access is required.

There are a number of monitoring tools for viewing the status of Slurm jobs.

/Ole

Joseph John

Nov 19, 2023, 10:47:34 PM11/19/23
to Ole.H....@fysik.dtu.dk, Slurm User Community List

Thanks Ole

I was able to setup the SLURM for 4 nodes and tried out some  python code using srun and trying to understand and practice more of  SLURM commands

Thanks for the reply

Joseph John

Davide DelVento

Nov 20, 2023, 9:03:40 AM11/20/23
to Slurm User Community List
Not sure if that's what you are looking for, Joseph, but I believe ClusterVisor and Bright do provide some basic Slurm management as a web GUI.
I don't think either is available outside of the support for hw purchased from the respective vendors.

John Joseph

Nov 26, 2023, 2:00:52 AM11/26/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
Thanks , can you please advice me on the monitoring tools, I have been trying Zabbix, but with zabbix I am only able to get CPU and RAM information of each node
Not able to get the SLURM activirties monitored
please advice about the monitoring tools for SLURM

/Ole

Josef Dvoracek

Nov 28, 2023, 5:13:41 AM11/28/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com

> can you please advice me on the monitoring tools, I

I'm _somehow_ satisfied with:

Prometheus Slurm exporter - ( https://github.com/vpenso/prometheus-slurm-exporter),
being grabbed by Telegraf - ( https://www.influxdata.com/time-series-platform/telegraf )
sending metrics to InfluxDB.

Visualisation is done by Grafana.

HTH and I'll be happy to hear about other ways, especially collectors, providing consistent state of slurm and its partition usage.. Mentioned exporter is not capturing well transitions, and aggregating visualizations have glitches.

But for high-level overview / quantitative view at system it's enough.

josef

John Joseph

Nov 28, 2023, 10:57:30 PM11/28/23
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
THANKS a lot
I will try out and post my experience in the group

Ryan Novosielski

Nov 29, 2023, 2:58:28 AM11/29/23
to Slurm User Community List
It primarily does other things, but you can interact with Slurm in Open OnDemand.

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
||_// the State  |         Ryan Novosielski - novo...@rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB A555B, Newark
     `'