[slurm-users] Prologslurmctld environment variables

Joe Teumer

Sep 16, 2021, 9:59:58 AM9/16/21
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
In the Prologslurmctld script environment there are only SLURM_* variables available.

Is there any way to export additional variables to Prologslurmctld from an SBATCH job?

I tried exporting variables in the SBATCH script, however, these variables do not get exported to Prologslurmctld, only to the node env and only after the Prologslurmctld script terminates.

The end goal is to pass information from a user's SBATCH job to the Prologslurmctld script to provision the node correctly before running the job.

Bas van der Vlies

Sep 17, 2021, 6:50:06 AM9/17/21
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
The only way to set propogate this vars to slurmctld is via an spank
plugin, see:
* https://slurm.schedmd.com/spank.html

read section: spank_job_control_setenv

regards
--
Bas van der Vlies
| HPCV Supercomputing | Internal Services | SURF |