[slurm-users] How can I tell the OS that was used to build SLURM?

Carl Ponder via slurm-users

Jun 20, 2024, 4:40:56 PMJun 20
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com

We're seeing SLURM mis-behaving on one of your clusters, that runs
Ubuntu 22.04.
Ampng other problems, we see an error-message regarding a missing
library version that would have been shipped on Ubuntu 20.04 not 22.04.
It's not clear that the library is being called from a SLURM component
or OpenMPI or something else.

I'm able to read some of the SLURM configuration settings, but is there
a way to tell what OS had been used to build it?
I imagine that the build-log would show some system-detection steps that
would expose that, but don't know if it's bundled with the rest of the
SLURM install somewhere.

Brian Andrus via slurm-users

Jun 20, 2024, 5:06:38 PMJun 20
to slurm...@lists.schedmd.com
Carl,

You cannot tell from the binary alone.
It looks like you just did an apt-get install slurm or such under
Ubuntu. Would that be right?

You may be able to look at the package and see info about the build
environment.
Generally, it is best to build slurm yourself for the environment it is
going to run in. Because there are multiple possible dependencies/uses,
this is best.

Brian Andrus