[SLUG] Future meetings

1 view

mrtuttle

Jul 20, 2020, 9:28:10 PM7/20/20
to slug...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone who came out to the meeting last Wednesday! It was good chatting face to face.

I just wanted to get some feedback on what we should do for future meetings. I wasn't a fan of playing babysitter for those kids. I probably should have seen that coming though.

I was the only one who brought a laptop so I was the only one who needed power. If we don't need electricity, maybe there are other locations I haven't considered.

Jackson Murtha

Jul 27, 2020, 11:01:36 AM7/27/20
to slug...@googlegroups.com
If it's a cost and/or struggle, I probably generally wouldn't use power because I'm unlikely to tether.  If we do decide we need power, I have a decent-sized power inverter that would power us for a couple of days.  I can bring it and could meet anywhere if power's a limiting factor, though it's bulky so I'd prefer not to move it around a bunch.  If we're outdoors or in very highly lit areas without wifi, I probably just wont bother bringing my laptop because I don't love tethering and usually have trouble viewing screens in bright light.  It's not a big deal, just means there's less we can demonstrate so our meetings end up being a little more discussion-based and theoretical.

Thanks for handling those kids, though.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Siouxland Linux Users Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sluglinux/86blk964ih.fsf%40gmail.com.