[SLUG] Meeting is in a month: 07-21-2021

mrtuttle

Oct 26, 2021, 3:17:15 PM10/26/21
to slug...@googlegroups.com
Relax. The meeting is still about a month away.

The chat room for the meeting is #sluglinux on irc.oftc.net.

Today's question: How do you pick your host names? I find a music album or a book I have been enjoying and come up with some reference to that. For example, I've been listening to the new Rob Sonic album so I would name a new host "Grimace" after a song I like.

Ryan Waters

Oct 26, 2021, 7:52:56 PM10/26/21
to slug...@googlegroups.com
Is that a month back in time?  : )

I used to name my home computers after noble gasses. Now I do colors. I think it's because I attach an emotional excitement (in some small way) to my computer(s).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Siouxland Linux Users Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sluglinux/86mtmvmw93.fsf%40gmail.com.

Steve Anderson

Oct 27, 2021, 12:18:42 PM10/27/21
to slug...@googlegroups.com
I’m still using Batman villains and evil movie computers for personal stuff. However for work we have to treat machines as cattle instead of as pets.
signature.asc

Mr. Tuttle

Oct 28, 2021, 6:26:10 AM10/28/21
to sluglinux
the date in the subject is wrong.  the correct date is november 17th.  sorry for the confusion.