[SLUG] Departure

Erik J.

Jun 24, 2020, 1:39:02 PM6/24/20
to Siouxland Linux Users Group
Hey folks!

Given how weird a certain virus (who shall remain unnamed) has made this year, I have some refreshingly mundane news. I have completed my studies at Dakota State University (Yay!) and have moved to the state of Washington to job hunt with my new BS is Computer Science. Because I'm not traveling for three days to attend a meeting, this is my farewell. It has been fun! Please take care of yourselves!

Erik

Mr. Tuttle

Jun 24, 2020, 2:18:55 PM6/24/20
to sluglinux
I've always wanted to visit Washington.  It looks beautiful.  Congratulations and good luck.

Kory Postma

Jun 24, 2020, 2:24:33 PM6/24/20
to slug...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't move unless you already have a job, many companies will pay to relocate you and give you a signing bonus.  Also, there are a lot of software jobs at KBR in Sioux Falls which works for the US Govt.  Let me know if you are interested.

I was job hunting before in Seattle and it is a decent place but cost of living is very high and we do better here in South Dakota.  Just my two cents.  I know facebook was hiring for AR in Seattle and also the game studio for Ark.  They both offered north of $200k.

Take care,
Kory

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Siouxland Linux Users Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sluglinux/d92cbc40-b916-4949-b7a8-1fd11d4e5ed0o%40googlegroups.com.

Erik J.

Jun 25, 2020, 12:20:18 AM6/25/20
to Siouxland Linux Users Group
Thanks for the thoughts, postmako, but my family's clustered in the Pacific NW, so that's where I wanted to be after graduating.

Erik

Kory Postma