On 09/09/15 23:12, Heracles wrote:
> ... SLUG Site, now I cant get past the front page ...
On the Slug home page I see a row of menu items across the top: "Home |
Events | Archives | Mailing Lists | Get the code!": http://www.slug.org.au/
Here is what happens when I select them:
* Home: takes me to the same page (as expected).
* Events: displays the text "SLUG Events", with a yellow rectangle below
it, but no actual events.
* Archives: displays the text "Welcome to nginx!" but no archives
* Mailing List: displays "Welcome to nginx!" but no mailing lists.
* Get the code!: takes me to GitHub with a repository of Slug stuff, but
Below these menu items it says "Sydney Linux User Group" and there is a
paragraph describing the group (which makes sense).
Then below that it says "#sydlug @slugupdates both Loading tweets..."
which does not make much sense. I assume these are the hastag, twitter
address and a list of recent Tweets is then supposed to appear (but
thankfully does not: who would want this?).
Next to that is "Previously at SLUG.... (more on YouTube) Enabled HTML5
Video!" with a video window underneath. I have video turned off by
default so thankfully nothing plays (why would I want it to?).
Below that is "Attend the next meeting, Sponsor An event or SLUG as a
whole, Give a talk Educate your fellows". Here is what I get when
* ATTEND: "Traceback (most recent call last):
line 715, in __call__
line 26, in get
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_url'"
* SPONSOR: Creates an email with the address
&subject=Sponsoring SLUG". I assume "Sponsoring
SLUG" is supposed to be in the subject line, but is not.
* GIVE A TALK: Opens a window asking for my Open Id to log into the Slug
website, but why?
1. Replace the video and the twitter feed windows with hypertext links.
2. Delete "Get the code!"
3. Get the other menu options to work.
ps: I am using Firefox 40.0.3 for Linux.
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia http://www.tomw.net.au
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/