[SLUG] Locale settings in Debian

Heracles

Sep 21, 2015, 1:27:14 AM9/21/15
to SLUG
Maybe I need to ask this on the Debian list BUT:
I have set my system to Australian English and it insists on converting
everything in Google Chrome to euros! How do I change it to display
Australian Dollars?

Heracles

James Gray

Oct 3, 2015, 8:41:03 PM10/3/15
to SLUG
You haven't set up your keyboard with a European mapping by any chance? If
so, this might solve the problem for you:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

Also, you might want to try launching from the command line and for a
specific locale and see if it fixes anything:

LANG=en_AU.utf8 google-chrome

If that fixes it, then also check your locale settings in your environment
(window manager et al).

HTH.

--
James
(Apologies for any funky formatting; Gmail web interface is totally wigging

Heracles

Oct 3, 2015, 9:22:07 PM10/3/15
to SLUG

On 21/09/15 16:42, James Gray wrote:
> You haven't set up your keyboard with a European mapping by any
> chance? If so, this might solve the problem for you:
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
>
> Also, you might want to try launching from the command line and for a specific locale and see if it fixes anything:
> LANG=en_AU.utf8 google-chrome
> If that fixes it, then also check your locale settings in your
> environment (window manager et al).
>
> HTH.
>
> --
> James
> (Apologies for any funky formatting; Gmail web interface is totally
> wigging out on me this afternoon!)
>
> On 15 September 2015 at 13:53, Heracles <hera...@iprimus.com.au
> <mailto:hera...@iprimus.com.au>> wrote:
>
> Maybe I need to ask this on the Debian list BUT:
> I have set my system to Australian English and it insists on
> converting everything in Google Chrome to euros! How do I change
> it to display Australian Dollars?
>
> Heracles
>
> --

Thanks James, but it turned out that Chrome somehow setup a currency
conversion extension. Once I deactivated and removed it all works as
expected.